Benefits of Two-Way Radios for Golf
Advantages Over Other Communication Devices
Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance for golf courses.
However, everyone from course superintendents to groundskeepers, golf operations and banquet staff, at a golf course is spread out over a large area.
How do you keep everyone on your team connected?
Communicating via mobile phones is costly because of recurring monthly fees.
There may also be problems with cellphone coverage and reception in remote areas.
Cellphones are also consumer grade devices not designed for outdoor harsh weather working conditions.
They are limiting because you can only talk to one person at a time.
There is no group communications as you must constantly individually dial all staff.
Two-Way Radios are the Solution
Digital two-way radios are rugged and durable devices which allow you to hear and be heard quickly and clearly.
They instantly save you money because there are no recurring monthly fees.
You can have several talk groups for staff in different job roles, who can instantly communicate with the push of a button.
Communication to one person or everyone is seamless and instant.
Drive more sales, increase efficiency and productivity and most importantly, keep guests coming back with the help of digital two-way radios.
Benefits of Two-Way Radios
- Increase service capabilities across all departments
- Improve guest satisfaction
- Immediately deal with issues as they arise
- Instantly notify staff of weather changes, course conditions and guest requests
- Save on costs while increasing efficiency
- Two-way radios have a longer battery life
- Radios are rugged and lightweight
- They have superior audio quality
- Private and secure communications
- Some radios are tightly sealed against water and dust intrusion
- Unlike cellphones, there are no costly, recurring monthly fees
- Wide selection of hands-free accessories available
- Instant, seamless group communication
- Full, on-site coverage
- Enhanced coordination for tournaments, events and operations
Solutions for Everyone on Your Team
- Multiple talk groups for different on-site teams
- Superior audio quality in loud work environments – be heard over loud lawnmowers
- Rugged devices that are water-proof and dust-proof
- Long-lasting batteries
- Irrigation integration is possible
- Instant communication enhances staff productivity
Prop Shop / Golf Operations
- Seamlessly coordinate efforts between check-ins, starters, marshals, back shop and bag drop
- There are multiple talk groups and channels available
- Instant communication helps organize special events including golf tournaments, weddings and corporate events
- Contact and coordinate with other departments including turf and food and beverage
- Take quick action to member or guest needs and requests
- Private surveillance kits available for discrete communication
- Get real-time information from course marshals on pace of play and tournament progress
Food and Beverage
- Manage stock on beverage carts and clubhouse
- Reduce wait times for clubhouse, halfway house and on course service
- Instantly respond to guest needs
- Coordinate on-course beverage carts
- Coordinate food prep time with events
Top Golf Digital Two-Way Radios
Motorola MOTOTORBO XPR 3300e: The XPR 3300e is a 4-watt radio designed for workers who need effective communications. Featuring loud and clear audio and battery options for up to 28 hours per charge, this rugged radio can be used by multiple shifts on one charge.
Find out more about the Motorola XPR 3300e.
- Motorola CP200d: The CP200d is both analog and digital capable, and can grow with your organization. This 4-watt radio features basic privacy and can work up to 18.5 hours in digital mode. This is a rugged workhorse radio that will stand up to intense working requirements.
Find out more abut the Motorola CP200d.
- Vertex Standard EVX-261: The EVX-261 is the perfect entry-level radio that has both analog and digital functionality. This non-display radio features 16 channels and superior audio quality.
- Vertex Standard EVX-530: This two-way radio allows you to send messages quicker. It is IP 57 rated allowing it to be submersed in 3 metres of water for 30 metres without harm. It is also built to withstand harsh working conditions.
Top Two-Way Radio Accessories for Golf
Two-way radio earpieces provide complete discretion for golf staff who need to communicate discreetly without disrupting guests.
Earpieces allow you to be heard and hear clearly.
They are also lightweight and hands-free, so you can still communicate while working.
For more information on earpieces and the differences between one-, two- and three-wire earpieces, read our blog.
- Speaker Mics
Noise-cancelling speaker microphones are optimized for loud noise environments.
They are rugged and durable, so you can be sure they will last for a long time.
The microphone will pick up your voice while filtering out background noise, so you are heard clearly.
These speaker mics allow you to be heard clearly ensuring that messages are received.
- Gang Chargers
Multi-unit chargers are used to charge several two-way radios simultaneously.
- Spare Batteries
You can’t communicate with your crew if your two-way radio isn’t working.
Carrying spare batteries allows you to quickly swap out the dead battery for a working one so productivity isn’t lost.
This is also convenient for shift changes.
Enhance and ensure full on-site coverage with a repeater.
There are many benefits to adding two-way radios to your golf club.
This includes improved productivity and customer service, coordination for special events and seamless and instant group communication.
Everyone on your team from the courses superintendent to the banquet staff and golf operations.
Contact our account managers to rent or buy your two-way radios, or if they require a tune-up.
Like this blog post? Sign up for our newsletter and never miss a post like this.
Our professionally-trained Service Technicians are always on-call to help design, install and support your communications network. They participate in ongoing vendor-sanctioned training programs and ETA certifications. All technical resources on staff are also ETA-certified in the wireless industry and we are always seeking higher achievements. We are also an approved CSC Certified Service Center.Testimonial 4This Stuff
Our professionally-trained Service Technicians are always on-call to help design, install and support your communications network. They participate in ongoing vendor-sanctioned training programs and ETA certifications. All technical resources on staff are also ETA-certified in the wireless industry and we are always seeking higher achievements. We are also an approved CSC Certified Service Center.Testimonial 3This Stuff
Our professionally-trained Service Technicians are always on-call to help design, install and support your communications network. They participate in ongoing vendor-sanctioned training programs and ETA certifications. All technical resources on staff are also ETA-certified in the wireless industry and we are always seeking higher achievements. We are also an approved CSC Certified Service Center.Testimonial 2This Stuff
- Testimonial 1This Stuff